Friday, March 7, 2014

Probably my worst night ever as a first time mom

             Past 9:00 in the evening of March 6, I was getting ready for bed (you know doing some mommy routine) while Nathan went to his bedroom/playroom to get his lego toys to play with. Big Daddy was in our living room doing some stuff. When I was done, I grabbed a magazine to read para pang patulog ko sana, then Nathan went back into our bedroom with a handful of lego. Halfway through my magazine, I reminded him NOT to put his toys into his mouth at baka nga malunok nyaWala pa isang minuto kong pinaalala sakanya narinig ko nalang na umubo sya na para bang nacho-choke nag panic talaga ako grabe... I shouted on top of my lungs to call my husband. I was so worried na baka nasa
airway nya yung lego. My husband took charge from there because I don't know what to do, my hands were shaking and I was crying. Thank God na ginabayan nya asawa ko maging kalmado para hindi maging worse yung mga nangyayari sa kabila ng sobrang pag aalala din nya kay Nathan. Daddy checked everything, his throat, his breathing if there is whistling sound, he asked if there was pain in his chest, stomach, etc. (basta lahat ng itatanong tinanong nya na). Nathan answered all the question of his dad, seems like the lego probably passed into his stomach.



               On the other hand when I was a little bit calm the veins in my forehead started to throb. I asked him if he was ok, if his throat hurts, if it went all the way down and a few more questions that I can’t remember right now, and then I asked him “why did you put a lego in your mouth!?!? Di ba sinabihan kita na wag na wag mo isusubo ang mga toys mo lalo na yang lego??!” then he said "sorry mama... T_T" "nako anak kung alam mo lang kung gaano kami nag alala ng papa mo sayo..." (seriously, my mother’s voice and words keeps coming outta my mouth?)

               Anyway, hubby said, he’ll be fine as long as the object does not find it’s way into the windpipe or may be stuck in the esophagus, which is a much more serious situation. Now we are waiting for him to poo and let him get checked by his pediatrician tomorrow. Hubby and I had a talk about what could of happened. After that I had to pack up all his lego toys and told him na he can't have his lego until he knows how to play with it properly or until he is ten (period. End of discussion.).

               But you know what has him really upset? The fact that he will never, ever get back the lego that he swallowed. Hindi nya na daw mabubuo yung lego tanks nya. Funny right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Widgets