Monday, February 9, 2015

Monthly Organizing Series | February Week 2: Pantry

               Last week we talked about how to organize and stationed our kitchen. This second week of my monthly organizing series, I’m sharing with you how I organize the food items in my pantry. I split up the kitchen and pantry because I think the pantry is a separate task to do (and also its in a separate room in my home). You will see in the pictures below that we don't have much going on (just enough to entertain my family of three) or should I say we only store food in our pantry that we ONLY eat and consume within a month or so. Ok, enough with the blabbering and let's get organized!


WEEK TWO TASK/TO-DO'S
 Empty out the whole pantry and clean it inside.
 Discard anything that is no longer fit to eat.
 Sort and categorize the rest.
 Determine the types of containers you need.
 Put everything back.
 Label each bin or hang a tag on the basket.

OUR PANTRY

I keep my son's morning meals and snacks in an easy-access spot.

Consider a see-through storage. (I re-purpose these coffee glass containers and made it to store my son's milk, pancake mix, oats, and cereal)


               Give your kid(s) a spot in the pantry. A place where they can learn to serve themselves (with your approval, of course). We’re into teaching our kid(s) to learn how to take care of themselves (and others) at an early age, and this includes meal time. *Of course, I don’t just feed my kid(s) cupcakes and cereals, these go alongside with his grab-and-go fruits and veggies snack in the fridge.

How can I not have a spot in the pantry..





I made a do-it-yourself stair-step shelves for my canned goods so that I can see the back row of cans in view.

That's about it! I hope to inspire you to organize yours!
Thanks for stopping by!

*This is only a "guide" to help you get started. Customize your pantry to fit the needs of your family. 






7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I also allocate one space for my son where he can get his food his biscuits and cupcake, it also help them to be independent

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did this during christmas break. tiring but soooo worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this but with our room, especially the bookshelf-sans-put everything on it hehehe... It was so time consuming but the look of the room is so awesome and worth it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am I weird for saying I envy your shelves? Haha, the house I'm renting only has one small overhead shelf. Imagine how hard it for me to organize a pantry. Despite that I always make sure it's organized and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! How can I just be like you?? You are so organized! Impressive! Thanks for the helpful tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post! Organizing is one of my to do list this year!
    Thanks for sharing.
    By the way, love your tea set :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used and re-purpose coffee containers. Saves the environment too. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Widgets