Tuesday, February 24, 2015

I finally found my Holy Grail!

               Hi there gorgeous! how are you doing? I hope all the people that read my blog are doing well. I am fall behind on posting here on my blog last week because my Mom and Dad was in town and we spent quality time while they are here, but I do visit my blog (of course) daily to to see your posts and what’s going on with you.
             
               So today, I will be sharing with you ladies (and guys.. if any) something that I've been trying out for almost half a year now and the result is surprisingly good. Lately, I've been asked by few friends and acquaintances “Kris, what are you doing to your skin? It looks more radiant than usual!” which I respond by giving them a sweet smile...


(Syempre, I was flattered to hear compliments about my skin. Not only me who noticed that my skin becomes healthy and brighter.) ...and said: "Sake and rice water." My skin is far from being perfect. I have wrinkles on my neck area because I neglected it in the past (but I'm working on it now)It took me years and years looking for the best for my skin and I've finally found my holy grail!



               Sake and rice water has been my little secret. I used it as a toner (literally, I put sake in my palm and pat it on my face) in the evening followed by my favorite serum and moisturizer, and in the morning I wash my face with rice water. I don't pat my face dry, instead, I let the rice water absorbed by my skin and when its completely dry I put moisturizer. It really helps reduce my pimple marks and age-spots. I also drink it (one shot-glass) every night. Kanpai!!!

Benefits to skin:
  • Proven effective in helping our skin stay healthy and smooth.
  • Sake will not only control the production of melanin but it will also keep skin hydrated.
  • Sake has Kojic acid ingredient that acts as a natural skin brightener. 
  • It has anti-aging properties (can you guess what's my age is..? =))

               Sake is not only good for skin brightening (it also combats the pigments that make freckles and dark spots) but it’s also good for the body! It prevents cancer because it has a bunch of amino acids and can also help with bad cholesterol. *Recent studies proved that sake really works in making the skin healthy, nourished, smooth and beautiful.

(a bottle of sake cost me 300php and I also consider a low alcohol content when buying sake so it doesn't dry up my skin.)


How about you, have you found your skincare's "holy grail"? If you do, you can share it to me, too! Just put it in the comment section below. Or if you already made a blog post about your skincare staples you can put the links below. I would love reading those!
Thank you for stopping by!  =)









    8 comments:

    1. Sake is rice wine? I think I have that one which I use whenever I cook some chinese dishes. :) And Rice water is am? :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi mommy kat! yes, sake is a rice wine and the rice water is yung pinag hugasan ng bigas bago iluto. :) You can also use“am“ as face mask.. :)

        Delete
    2. First time I've ever heard of this beauty secret! But it reminds me of what I used to use as toner back in high school: water and white vinegar. (I only used it for a little while though; lazy talaga ako noon pagdating sa ganyan.)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Never tried sake but I did use rice water (with my lola's recommendation).

      ReplyDelete
    4. I didn't know those stuff make skin look better. Thanks for a very informative post. Sayang, wala kaming sake. I won't be able to give it a try. :p

      ReplyDelete
    5. Why are you so pretty? Your photo makes me want to buy sake! hehehe. I have age spots already and I was wondering what could help me reduce it, and here you are. Thanks for sharing! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I must try this, I've got wrinkles forming in my eyebrows na. :( Nasisilaw kasi ako lagi. Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    7. Oh! Looking good! I have sake at home and will try it. Glad I've read it with real positive effects.

      ReplyDelete

    Blogger Widgets